Horseback ride from Guadalupe to Monserrate leaving from Bogotá in your private transportation. Discover the incredible landscapes, abundant forests and beautiful trails that the surroundings of the city have to offer. Learn about Colombian ecosystems, natural resources. Enjoy this authentic experience of Monserrate and Guadalupe on the back of a horse.
TOTAL DURATION: 6 Hrs.
– The guidance of a local bilingual expert
– Private transportation in comfortable cars
– Travel Insurance
– Horse per person
– Horse handler
– Enjoy the breath taking landscapes of Bogota East hills.
– One-way ticket (funicular or cable car).
– Lunch not included. Visitors can pick from a variety of restaurants on Monserrate (our guide will help you out).
– Add adventure to your trip horseback riding to Guadalupe to Monserrate
– Have the most authentic experience at Bogota East hills
– Visit two of the most representatives’ mountains of the capital; Guadalupe and Monserrate.
– Get to know the peasant’s costumes along the legends and myths of the region.
– Take a look to the handicraft fair and the incredible Bogota views.
– Taste traditional meals of the Cundinamarca region
Your trip will start at your accommodation at 8:00am to head to the Bogota´s twin hills , segment of the city East Hills. This natural boundary of the Colombian capital is a protected natural reserve from 1976.
The twin hills; Guadalupe and Monserrat have historical importance that get back to the times where the “Bogotá Sabana” was populated by indigenous groups. Once on the top, you can explore the ancient religious monuments and enjoy the amazing views of the East Andean mountain range.
Enjoy a typical breakfast before you meet your animal companions, learn about Colombia´s increible bio-diversity , breath the fresh air at 3570 meter above the sea level and get ready for the adventure.
Get on your horse, follow the instructions from your guide and feel the magic of the trail. Witness the ancient customs and the ancestral connection of the peasants with the mountain, that remains for the locals. The Road Guadalupe to Monserrate testifies the old traditions and lifestyle of the colonial time. Once you get to the second hill, take a rest and enjoy a delicious typical lunch as you hear about the myths and legends that surround the famous place.
Finally, before descending to the city on the funicular; admire the limits of the city with the “Cundiboyacense Savannah” this impressive flat space in the Central Andean Cordillera have a total surface area is 4,251.6 square kilometers .
Almost anyone can learn to ride well enough, still you must be prepared to make the effort. Sharing a common love of horses and riding makes contact with local people more rewarding. You will ride with a reliable team working for your safety and enjoyment. You will also have an insurance specifically for the activity. However you choose to participate in the activity at your own risk. Animal welfare is vital to us; that’s why we only work with responsible horse owners, ensuring the wellbeing of the animals.